Woodbridge, New Jersey
Structure Tone is looking to identify an Estimator / Senior Estimator to support our New Jersey operations. The Estimator will develop, create and prepare construction cost estimates for a diverse set of projects in the early stages of development and continue to support the project team with updated cost information throughout the Pre-construction phase of the projects. The position will require involvement in several projects simultaneously.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Review plans and architectural drawings.
- Prepare quantity take-offs on assigned industry projects.
- Ensure a complete review of plans and drawings.
- Identify items that have been omitted and ensure appropriate accounting in overall estimate package.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Solicit subcontractor bids for assigned projects
- Obtain bids for each trade and supplier group.
- Review and analyze bids for conformance to project specifications, price, material quality, insurance, wages, and related items.
- Discuss and resolve any questions with subcontractor.
- Follow approved estimating practices.
- Ensure most complete estimates and that financial objectives are met.
- Maintain current information on trends in and changes to existing construction codes.
- Utilize appropriate software programs to calculate, record and track estimates.
- Attend client meetings, answer questions and resolve issues regarding pricing and estimates. Ensure client satisfaction.
- Perform change order pricing, site visits, bid delivery and collaborate with teams on specific bids.
- Determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized lists. Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions. Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues. Obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organize and manage a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies. Provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs. Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- BS or BA required. Preferred areas of study include construction, management, engineering or architecture.
- 5+ years of experience in Estimating, Construction Engineer/Project Engineer, or related duties in general contractor estimating and purchasing.
- Requires excellent computer skills (MS Office/Excel) and well-developed budgeting, purchasing and organizational skills
- Earns and maintains trust by demonstrating honesty, accountability and reliability
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.