Stability. Innovation. Industry Leader - We are Silgan.
Industrial Electrician Located in Edison, NJ
Working for Silgan Containers' will be the BEST decision you make!
Silgan Containers is the largest provider of metal food packaging in the United States. Trusted by America's most respected brands, our reputation is based on a foundation of quality, excellence, and unsurpassed technical expertise. We pride ourselves on being a solution-based partner to our customers and work hard to earn their business every day.
The Industrial Electrician, an integral part of our plant operations team,troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, and modifies all electrical systems at our state-of-the-art can manufacturing plant. The successful candidate will be resourceful, detail-oriented, and self-directed. If you are looking for a challenge, willing to go the extra mile, and want to work with people who are just as talented as you are, this is the place for you.
Essential Job Functions:
- The ability to write code & demonstrate a working knowledge of RS Logic will be a considered a plus.
- Check schedule to determine need for change over or if scheduled maintenance is in order.
- Determine if schedule can be adjusted or permits time for overhaul, repair or readjustments required by equipment.
- Analyze any and all types of mechanical, operational or electrical troubles and plan for and take corrective action.
- Make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Perform or direct all maintenance, wiring and installation of motors, switches, switch panels, fuse boxes, lighting testing and power circuits.
- Determine proper size and specifications of wire, conduit, switches, panels, fuses, etc.
- Create and maintain up-to-date layouts of electrical circuits.
- Inspect and maintains all electrical circuitry and equipment to ensure proper condition.
- Fabricate and install mounting fixtures and brackets on electrical and plumbing work as assigned.
- Inspects and maintains gas mixers and auxiliary equipment as required.
- Good trouble shooting skills, ability to diagnose and complete repairs in emergencies
- Work closely with supervision and fellow employees on improvement teams to uncover and implement safety, quality, productivity, and cost control advancements.
What we offer:
- Pay rate is $29.67/hr., plus 5% night shift differential.
- 12-hour shift; 6AM to 6PM or 6PM to 6AM. Hiring Manager will determine Crew shift you are placed.
- 4 days on / 4 days off work schedule with opportunity for overtime.Overtime will be paid 8 hours a day time and 1/2 after 8 hours.
- A stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious company
- A great culture where you feel like a member of our family - achievements are recognized, acknowledged, and celebrated
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a medical, dental, vision (reimbursement) plan, free basic life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, tuition reimbursement,and more
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.