Are you a Mechanical Engineer who's ready to take your career to the next level?
Silgan Containers is now hiring for a Corporate Mechanical Engineer. This position is an entrepreneurial opportunity that offers a high level of autonomy and flexibility. The Mechanical Engineer serves as a subject matter expert inmetal food cans for Silgan Container's high speed, highly integrated production facilities. In this role, expect to be challenged regularly to find new and creative solutions to complex problems while supporting multiple production facilities domestically and internationally. The successful candidate provides secondary support for mechanical production operations, partners with Silgan's OEM suppliers, participate in new equipment buy-offs and designs new containers to produce high-quality, economically competitive products. This position requires regular travel to various Silgan manufacturing facilities. Candidates must live or be willing to relocate to the Midwest or East coast. Full relocation offered. Sponsorship not offered.
What you'll do:
- Mentor, train, and support plant mechanics and plant leadership by sharing your knowledge on how to rapidly debug and diagnose problems with can-making equipment to avoid negative impact on product quality and throughput
- Direct major equipment overhauls and audits
- Specify, develop, and debug new products, production equipment, and manufacturing lines as required to produce products so that Silgan can meet or exceed customer performance requirements
- Assist plants and OEM suppliers/vendors in the identification and debugging of mechanical production problems toimprove line efficiencies, increase product quality, increase production capacity, and eliminate repetitive work-related injuries
- Contribute to design and modification of complex tooling required to produce new and innovative products
- Conduct equipment buy offs to ensure Silgan meets capability, efficiencies, and product specifications
- Identify safety hazards with equipment design and operation at the OEM and the plants
- Provide timely, efficient communication to customers internal and external to the business and ensure those customer requirements are clearly understood
We need you to have:
- A Bachelor'sdegree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering; will consider comparable metal can experience in place of a degree
- 3+ years of metal can experience, ideally with D&I
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to top management, internal and external customers in a professional manner
- Ability to travel regularly to production facilities and equipment vendors as required up to 50% both domestically and internationally
What we offer:
- A stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious Company
- A great culture where you feel like a member of our family - achievements are recognized, acknowledged, and celebrated
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid time off, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and more
Who We Are:
Silgan Containers is the largest provider of metal food packaging in the United States. Trusted by America's most respected brands, our reputation is based on a foundation of quality, excellence, and unsurpassed technical expertise. We pride ourselves on being a solution-based partner to our customers and work hard to earn their business every day.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.